How do I find the correct hand position for CPR on an infant?

• Keep one hand on the infant’s forehead to maintain an open airway. 
  • Use the pads of two or three fingers of your other hand to give chest compressions on the center of the chest, just below the nipple line (toward the infant’s feet). 
  • If you feel the notch at the end of the infant’s sternum, move your fingers slightly toward the infant’s head.

American Red Cross, face shield, middle and fourth fingers, pads of fingers, maintain open airway, head tilt, hand on forehead

Continue Learning about First Aid Techniques

How should I calm someone having a heart attack?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Be calm and reassuring. Comforting the person helps to reduce anxiety and eases some of the disc...
What should I do before providing first aid?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
You should do the following before providing first aid:Check to make sure the scene is safe before...
How do I record information of my interview of an injured or ill person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Preferably, have someone else write it down for you. Give the information to EMS personnel when ...
What three things keep the right amount of blood flowing in the body?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The heart must be working well An adequate amount of oxygen-rich blood must be circulating in the ...