What is an anatomic splint?

An anatomic splint is used when the person’s body is the splint. For example, you can splint an arm to the chest or an injured leg to the uninjured leg.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Say Goodbye to Antibacterial Soaps
Say Goodbye to Antibacterial Soaps
In the 1966 campy TV romp, It’s About Time, two astronauts, Mac and Hector (Frank Aletter and Jack Mullaney) travel back in time and meet cave-dweller...
How should people who have medical conditions handle the summer heat?
Manuel B. Torres Jr., MDManuel B. Torres Jr., MD
That depends on the types of conditions. But, for the most part, people with a fairly common disease...
Tailgating Traumas to Avoid
Tailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to Avoid
Get your party on and get home safely.
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?