Where should I keep my first aid kit?

Keep it in an area of the house where it is easy to get to in an emergency and where everyone in the family has access.

First aid kits should be put in a spot that is easy to find in an emergency, but still out of reach of young children. In addition, you should have more than one first aid kit - one for the home and one for each vehicle you own. You may consider a small travel-size first aid kit for trips to the park or pool, or creating a special first aid kit for traveling. For example, if you're going camping, you might put extra sunscreen, burn ointment, bug repellent, and bite lotion in the kit.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

The Latest Food and Product Recalls
The Latest Food and Product Recalls
October 30, 2017 – Fisher-Price, based in East Aurora, New York, has voluntarily recalled more than 60,000 motorized baby seats sold in the United Sta...
What can I do if someone has fallen in my home?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
If someone has fallen in your home: – If they are not breathing start CPR and stop any bleeding w...
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?