How do I give black blows to an adult who is choking?

• To give back blows, position yourself slightly behind the person. 
  • Provide support by placing one arm diagonally across the chest and bend the person forward at the waist until the upper airway is at least parallel to the ground. 
  • Firmly strike the person between the shoulder blades with the heel of your other hand.

American Red Cross, man choking, victim, rescuer, heel of hand, rescuer gives back blows, between shoulders

Continue Learning about First Aid For Choking

How do I give chest compressions to an unconscious choking child?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Locate the correct hand position for chest compressions. Use the same technique that is used for...
How does a person choke?
A person chokes when food gets stuck in the trachea. Learn more in this video with Dr. Oz. 
How Does a Person Choke?
How Does a Person Choke?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?