When should I, and others, stand clear of the person when using an AED?

Remember to stand clear at two key times:

• Do not touch the person while the AED is analyzing; touching or moving the person may affect analysis.
  • Then make sure that no one is touching the person or any resuscitation equipment before the device delivers a shock. You could receive a shock also.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
If my child is running a low fever, should I keep her home from school?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Thermometers can sometimes be inaccurate, so it's important to also note how your child is acting. I...
How do I manage profuse bleeding if no one is with me?
Angela LoweryAngela Lowery
If no one is around and you must manage profuse bleeding call for help so you will know emergency tr...
How to Make a Makeshift Bat and Survival Bag