If someone stops breathing, how does this affect the body?

If breathing stops or is restricted long enough, a person will become unconscious, the heart will stop beating and body systems will quickly fail.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What information should I give the call taker when I call 9-1-1?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
When you call for help, be ready to provide the following information: your name your location des...
What should I do if my child is unresponsive?
If your child is unresponsive, ensure that the area around your child is safe and call 911. If you h...
How to Use an AED
How to Use an AED