What can I do if my vision is blurry from keeping my contacts in overnight?

If your eye is blurry you may have swelling of the cornea, a corneal abrasion or perhaps even an infection of the cornea.  This type of thing requires that you remove the contact lens and seek an ophthalmologic examination certainly within one day. If you absolutely cannot get medical attention then you must remove the contact lens. You may use any type of over the counter lubricating drop to sooth the eye.  If it is not serious you should notice clearer vision within hours or certainly within one day.  If your vision worsens or you develop pain then this may be a vision threatening emergency.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

What are symptoms of an eye infection?
There are a variety of symptoms that may indicate an eye infection. The eye may develop redness or p...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us. If you're a baby boomer, you probably worry about you...
Protect Your Eyes from Macular Degeneration
Advances in Cataract Surgery and the Future of Eye Care