What is convergence insufficiency?

A patient with convergence insufficiency is unable to maintain the correct alignment of the eyes for near targets. The eyes do not move toward each other as they should. This can variably produce eyestrain, headache, fatigue, and double vision. Symptoms often seem to get worse with protracted near work.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

3 Ways Your Vision Changes as You Age
3 Ways Your Vision Changes as You Age
Even a slight deterioration of any of your senses can be frustrating or worrisome. Not only can it interfere with your safety and your ability to unde...
How do I manage my viral eye infections on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Managing a viral eye infection is often simply a case of staying home and limiting contact with othe...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help.
What Are Some Basic Facts About Children's Eye Health?