What should I do if I have black swirls in my peripheral vision?

Black swirls in your peripheral vision are, in all likelihood, caused by opacities in the clear gel inside of your eye. They are definitely not a symptom of fatigue. The opaque material may be blood or torn tissue inside of your eyeball. You should see an opthalmologist promptly to examine your retina and the other structures inside of your eyeball.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

3 Ways Your Vision Changes as You Age
3 Ways Your Vision Changes as You Age
Even a slight deterioration of any of your senses can be frustrating or worrisome. Not only can it interfere with your safety and your ability to unde...
Which babies are most prone to eye problems?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Babies born prematurely, as well as babies born with breathing problems or nerve problems, are more ...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
Can Robots Improve Eye Surgery?
Can Robots Improve Eye Surgery?