What should I do if I have black swirls in my peripheral vision?

Black swirls in your peripheral vision are, in all likelihood, caused by opacities in the clear gel inside of your eye. They are definitely not a symptom of fatigue. The opaque material may be blood or torn tissue inside of your eyeball. You should see an opthalmologist promptly to examine your retina and the other structures inside of your eyeball.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help. Cooked kale, spinach, collards and turnip greens (along with broccoli and eggs) are cramm...
What Are Some Basic Facts About Children's Eye Health?
What Does Big Data Mean for Ophthalmology Research?
What Is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?