How can I protect my glasses when I play sports?

Athletes who wear glasses in collision sports need to wear extra protection over their glasses. They should wear a pair of goggles or eye guards that cover their glasses. These guards should contain a head strap to ensure that they fit snugly on the athlete’s head. Some of these eye guards also have protective brow and facial padding. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Birth Control Pills May Up a Woman’s Glaucoma Risk
If you’re one of the millions of women who’ve used birth control pills over the years, you may want to book an eye exam. Research suggests that using ...
What is herpes simplex eye disease?
Herpes simplex virus (HSV) eye infections are common, and are treated with prescription antiviral ey...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
Where Is the Medical Community on the Treatment of Macular Degeneration?