What are the symptoms of pterygium and pinguecula?

Symptoms of both pterygium and pinguecula can range from mild to severe and may include:
  • Redness, inflammation or both, especially during the growth of a pterygium;
  • Blurred vision;
  • Irritation;
  • Dryness;
  • Itching;
  • Burning;
  • Gritty feeling;
  • Feeling of having foreign material in your eye.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

Presbyopia: Correcting Age-Related Vision Loss
Sometime around of after age 40, many people notice that it is getting more difficult for their eyes to focus on nearby objects. For many, the first s...
What causes the whites of my eyes to be red?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
There are several eye diseases that cause red eyes, some of which can lead to blindness unless diagn...
What can help me manage map-dot fingerprint dystrophy?
Ivan A. Schwab, MDIvan A. Schwab, MD
Map-dot dystrophy of the cornea is relatively common and often has a genetic component. It consi...
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Vision Loss?