All eye drops have expiration dates printed on them. It is important to use your medications according to how they were prescribed, and not permit the dropper tip to become contaminated. Medications may lose potency, change chemical composition, become contaminated, or have bacteria grow in them over time. For these reasons it is good idea to discard them after they expire (contact a local pharmacy to determine whether your medications can be safely thrown away in your household trash). If the drop becomes uncomfortable, changes color, or if the area under the cap becomes dirty, you should discard the bottle.
- Q How can I relieve eyestrain?
- Q Can walking help keep my eyes healthy?
- Q Is it harmful to my eyes to sit close to the TV?
- Q Why should I know my family's eye history?
- Q What are three important things I can do to protect my eye health?
- Q What are common myths about eye health?