All eye drops have expiration dates printed on them. It is important to use your medications according to how they were prescribed, and not permit the dropper tip to become contaminated. Medications may lose potency, change chemical composition, become contaminated, or have bacteria grow in them over time. For these reasons it is good idea to discard them after they expire (contact a local pharmacy to determine whether your medications can be safely thrown away in your household trash). If the drop becomes uncomfortable, changes color, or if the area under the cap becomes dirty, you should discard the bottle.
- Q Why should I know my family's eye history?
- Q Should protective eyewear be worn during sports participation?
- Q How should I care for my vision as I grow older?
- Q What are three important things I can do to protect my eye health?
- Q How can I prevent eye problems?
- Q Is it dangerous to have a freckle on my eye?