How much exercise should I do each week to reach a healthy weight?

To reach a healthy weight the amount of weekly exercise people need to do varies. You should get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity or 75 minutes of high-intensity aerobic (cardio) exercise every week. You should also add some strength training to your exercise routine one to two times a week. If you're trying to lose weight or have a specific fitness goal, such as running a marathon, you will need to exercise more. A good rule of thumb is to get your heart rate up for 30 minutes most days of the week.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Buddy Up For Better Health
Buddy Up For Better Health
In an episode of the 90s sitcom News Radio, co-anchor Bill McNeal (Phil Hartman) wants to stop smoking, while news director Dave Nelson (Dave Foley) i...
How can I exercise to lose weight if I have foot problems?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
Foot problems like bunions, arthritis, and plantar fasciitis shouldn't stand in the way of your weig...
5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
Trainer Donovan Green shares his secrets for calorie-burning success.
Is There a Way to Slim My Hips and Rear?