How much exercise should I do each week to reach a healthy weight?

To reach a healthy weight the amount of weekly exercise people need to do varies. You should get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity or 75 minutes of high-intensity aerobic (cardio) exercise every week. You should also add some strength training to your exercise routine one to two times a week. If you're trying to lose weight or have a specific fitness goal, such as running a marathon, you will need to exercise more. A good rule of thumb is to get your heart rate up for 30 minutes most days of the week.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Ways to Lose Weight While Strength Straining
In May 2018, 27-year-old Icelander, Hafthor Julius Bjornsson, renowned for his role as “The Mountain,” Gregor Clegane, in Game of Thrones, won the Wor...
Will I still be able to lose weight if I have a limited time to workout?
Barb MacGillivary, NASM Elite TrainerBarb MacGillivary, NASM Elite Trainer
Unfortunately, due to the busy schedules we keep it is often difficult to devote as much time as we ...
5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Hacks to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
Trainer Donovan Green shares his secrets for calorie-burning success.
How to Bust Your Belly Fat
How to Bust Your Belly Fat