How much exercise should I do each week to reach a healthy weight?

To reach a healthy weight the amount of weekly exercise people need to do varies. You should get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity or 75 minutes of high-intensity aerobic (cardio) exercise every week. You should also add some strength training to your exercise routine one to two times a week. If you're trying to lose weight or have a specific fitness goal, such as running a marathon, you will need to exercise more. A good rule of thumb is to get your heart rate up for 30 minutes most days of the week.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

Ways to Lose Weight While Strength Straining
In May 2018, 27-year-old Icelander, Hafthor Julius Bjornsson, renowned for his role as “The Mountain,” Gregor Clegane, in Game of Thrones, won the Wor...
What determines how many calories I burn?
Manuel VillacortaManuel Villacorta
When most people think of energy expenditures, they think only of exercise. But in reality, there ar...
6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now
6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now6 Effortless Ways to Burn 500 Extra Calories Right Now
They don't all require a trip to the gym.
What Time of Day Will I Get the Most Effective Workout for Weight Loss?