How can the trapezius-strengthening exercise ease shoulder pain?

Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy
The trapezius-strengthening exercise targets key muscles that help move and stabilize the scapula (shoulder blade) as the arm moves. Most people with shoulder pain have weak scapular rotators and stabilizers, which this strengthening exercise helps correct.
Fixing You: Shoulder & Elbow Pain: Self-treatment for rotator cuff strain, shoulder impingement, tennis elbow, golfer's elbow, and other diagnoses.

The shoulders are a floating system on the trunk, held in place and moved by muscular control. The foundation of shoulder movement is the shoulder blade which has precise resting and moving...

Continue Learning about Exercise & Muscles

Why do I need to stretch my muscles as I age?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
The truth is that by and large, the active agers and athletes who come into my office with repetitiv...
What are strengthening exercises for ulnar hand (claw hand)?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Ulnar hand (claw hand) develops due to a weakness of the deep muscles of your hand. To improve t...
Use a Foam Roller to Stretch Knotted Sore Muscles
What Types of Exercise Will Help Me Build Long, Lean Muscle?