How can my posture affect my cardiovascular endurance?

Improper posture while performing cardio training can lead to injury due to over activity and interactivity in certain muscles. Improper posture results from what is termed as muscle imbalances where one muscle is shortened and the muscle on the opposite side of the joint is lengthened. When this occurs, the muscles start pulling your bones in directions it wasn't necessarily intended. Visually, it can appear as poor posture. Over time and through repetitive motion such as that seen in cardio exercise, it can initiate an injury cycle and decrease performance. If you have rounded shoulders (tight chest muscles) due to sitting at a desk and working on a computer, you should be careful not to excessively grab handles on cardio equipment and not lean in to watch TV (when present). If you sit most of the day, you may have tight hip flexors (muscles in the front of your hips). In this instance you may not want to use bicycles or steppers because they may exacerbate the problem. If you wear shoes with a heel to work, you will want to make sure you thoroughly stretch your calf complex prior to performing cardio activity.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance

Can aerobic exercises improve cardio respiratory endurance?
Yes! Regular aerobic exercise increases the strength of the heart to pump blood, improves capillary ...
How do I improve endurance?
It depends on whether you are training for cardio or muscular endurance. Cardio endurance involv...
What else besides running can I do to increase my cardiovascular endurance
Cardioresiratory activities include any type of activity that involves and places demand on the card...
How do I build up endurance?
There are many ways to improve endurance including adding intensity or duration to your workouts. Bu...