What does the curl up test measure?

The “curl up” is also known as a crunch. This test measures abdominal strength and endurance. This test focuses predominantly on the main abdominal muscle, the rectus abdominus, and may not evaluate the core as a whole.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How do I self monitor my exercise?
Self monitoring exercise is being aware of all the impacts of exercise physically and psychologi...
Should I jump into local races even if I am not in race shape yet?
Absolutely! Since there’s so much more to being a successful cyclist than merely having great fi...
How can I assess my strength?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
First of all it is very important that when you are assessing strength you have someone with you. If...
How does talking help determine the intensity of exercise?
Joan PaganoJoan Pagano
The "talk test" is a timeless and easy way to guage the intensity of cardio exercise, based on your ...