How do I use Estraderm?

Estraderm is a skin patch that you replace twice a week. Apply it to smooth, dry skin. Change the spot where you apply Estraderm with each new patch. Wait at least one week before returning to the same spot. Apply the patch to skin that will not be exposed to sunlight. Avoid applying the patch to your waistline or other areas where tight clothing may rub the patch off. Some women find it most convenient to apply Estraderm to the buttocks. Never apply Estraderm to the breasts. Use Estraderm for the shortest possible period. See your doctor every three to six months to discuss whether you still need this drug. If you are a woman who has reached menopause and you have not had a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus), ask your doctor if you should be taking another type of medication called a progestin.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

Is soy milk bad for men?
dotFITdotFIT
Isoflavones (components of soy) have been a part of the diet in different populations for centuries....
What are the drawbacks of vaginal estrogen creams or suppositories?
The amount of vaginal estrogen that enters the bloodstream is not enough to relieve hot flashes. Vag...
When should I stop using vaginal estrogen creams or suppositories?
Once symptoms improve, some women may be able to switch from vaginal estrogen to a non-hormone vagin...
What is estriol?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Estriol is one of the three main estrogens (estradiol and estrone are the other two) produced by the...