Can cirrhosis of the liver cause erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Many men with cirrhosis of the liver--a serious and life-threatening condition--have erectile dysfunction. But it is not clear whether cirrhosis itself causes sexual dysfunction, or whether a related factor may be causing both diseases. For example, drinking too much alcohol can permanently damage the liver. And it can lead to a lower proportion of testosterone to estrogen, which makes it harder to get an erection. Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing a problem with alcohol.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction Causes

Can Erectile Dysfunction Be Prevented?
Can Erectile Dysfunction Be Prevented?
Does Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction Ever Include Surgery?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
What are the Potential Side Effects of Drugs Used to Treat Erectile Dysfunction?