How does endometriosis change with age?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

With time, endometriosis can cause permanent damage to your reproductive system so it is best to speak with your doctor promptly. The longer your endometriosis goes untreated, the worse it becomes. However, if you are taking medications that deter or discontinue your periods, you may be able to halt the destructive symptoms of endometriosis. Once you go through menopause, your endometriosis should stop entirely, although in rare cases it may continue. Furthermore, physical damage from endometriosis (scar tissue and adhesions) may cause continuing symptoms.

Continue Learning about Endometriosis

3 Ways Exercise Can Help Relieve Endometriosis
Whether you’ve just been diagnosed with endometriosis or have been living with it for years, you may be wondering if there is anything you can do at h...
If I Go on Birth Control to Treat Endometriosis, Will That Affect My Ability to Get Pregnant Later?
How Can I Manage the Pain from Endometriosis?
Can You Diagnose Endometriosis Without a Laparoscopy?