What can I use instead of salt for flavor when I cook?

Emilia Klapp
Stay away from salt substitutes, which are high in potassium. Instead, use herbs, spices, garlic, lemon, lime, and vinegar. Extra-virgin olive oil and lemon or vinegar makes a flavorful vinaigrette for salads.
Vandana  R. Sheth
Fresh or dried herbs, spices and citrus juices can be used while cooking to flavor food without salt.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

How to Eliminate Ultra-Processed Foods From Your Diet
When digital TV arrived in the 1990s, broadcasters embraced ultra-high frequency transmission for cable and the airwaves—revolutionizing the way we re...
How can I increase my fruit and vegetable intake?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
Here are some tips for increasing fruit and vegetable intake:Eat a new fruit or vegetable every day....
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
What Do You Eat When You Go Out for Lunch?