How should I reduce my consumption of animal products?

Lisa Oz
Health Education
Making ethnic dishes in which meat isn’t the focus is a great way to cut back on the amount of animal products you eat. Our family especially loves the cuisines of India, Thailand, Turkey, and Italy. With all these cooking styles, there are so many wonderful vegetable dishes that you will barely even notice the absence of meat. Traditionally, these regional diets considered meat a luxury and it was therefore used sparingly, often just for flavoring or was reserved for celebrations and feast days.
Joel H. Fuhrman, MD
Family Medicine
You should reduce your consumption of animal products gradually until you're only consuming them two to three times per week. Of course, I recommend totally avoiding processed meat and barbecued meat.
Eat for Health: Lose Weight, Keep It Off, Look Younger, Live Longer (2 Volume Set)

Dr. Fuhrman's scientifically proven system, Eat For Health, enables you to finally conquer your cravings and food addictions, while steering your taste buds toward healthier food choices. Medical...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Healthy Restaurant Eating
Healthy Restaurant Eating
The latest survey of restaurant meals in America reveals how easy it is to set off a nutrition bomb when you eat out. The Big Hook Up platter from Joe...
Can I gain weight if I skip meals?
Kate MyersonKate Myerson
Some people do gain weight if they skip meals because they may be more likely to overeat later on. ...
How can I eat healthfully if I crave salty, fatty foods?
Not only is food powerful medicine that can heal the body, it can also accelerate your metabolis...
Why Should I Eat Breakfast?
Why Should I Eat Breakfast?