How much is a serving size of cereal?

American children and adults often eat more than a single serving of cereal daily because many manufacturers list unrealistically small serving sizes on the nutrition facts label. Many cereals list a serving size of 30 grams, corresponding to 3/4 cup or 1 cup. However, both food industry and academic studies have found that many children eat much larger amounts in a single sitting.  

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

How to Eliminate Ultra-Processed Foods From Your Diet
When digital TV arrived in the 1990s, broadcasters embraced ultra-high frequency transmission for cable and the airwaves—revolutionizing the way we re...
How can I stay motivated to change my eating habits?
Joshua C. Klapow, PhDJoshua C. Klapow, PhD
A diet or any other change in your eating habits that is painful simply will not work. You need ...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
How Artificial Sweeteners May be Causing Weight Gain