question

Are peanuts harmful if I eat too many?

dotFIT
dotFIT
answer

Unless you have a peanut allergy, eating a large amount of peanuts at one sitting will only add calories to your daily intake. Peanuts pack in calories and fat, but most of the fat is derived from heart-healthy sources (4.4g of polyunsaturated and 7.0g of monounsaturated fats per one ounce serving). According to Calorie King, a one-ounce serving of roasted, salted peanuts contains 166 calories and 14 g of fat. Everything in moderation is good advice, especially when you are trying to control your weight, and two to four 1oz servings/week of peanuts can be part of a healthy diet.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

How many meals should I eat each day?
How many meals should I eat each day? The best way to keep your energy levels up and your metabolism...
What are healthy eating habits?
Avoid skipping meals, eating fast, distracted or late night eating; eat on small plates & take a 30-...
What is true hunger?
True hunger is one of the best tools for maintaining ideal weight. Learn more from our experts about...
How can I tell if I'm a habitual eater?
Habitual eaters like to eat the same things, from the same places, in the same way, every day -- foo...