What diseases are caused by overconsumption of meat and poultry?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
Meat and poultry are the edible muscles, fat, and organs of animals. Meat usually comes from grass-eating mammals but may also come from reptiles and amphibians. Poultry is the meat of birds.

While moderate consumption of meat and animal products may be health promoting, there is no question that overconsumption of these foods is spurring a global epidemic of lifestyle diseases, such as heart attack, stroke, and cancer, as well as creating new pressures on land and water resources, contributing to water pollution, and exacerbating global warming.
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
Does your food have legs, fins or roots? The answer affects your risk of up to five kinds of cancer. And fins and roots have the edge. In a study, ve...
How can I change my diet to reduce my risk of chronic diseases?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To change your diet to reduce your risk of chronic diseases you can follow the federal government's ...
What are the benefits of a good diet during cancer treatment?
A good diet can help you do better during cancer treatment. People who eat well and drink lots of fl...
Which Herbs Help Reduce Pain and Inflammation?