What are the different types of gallbladder disease?

There are many types of gallbladder disease. Stones or sludge can get trapped in the gallbladder and cause inflammation of the gallbladder itself. They can also get stuck in the tubes or ducts that carry bile (a liquid the liver makes) from the gallbladder into the intestines. This can cause a blockage that may injure the pancreas or cause an infection. It is also possible to get cancer of the gallbladder.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Poop Red Flags You Need to Know About
Poop Red Flags You Need to Know AboutPoop Red Flags You Need to Know AboutPoop Red Flags You Need to Know AboutPoop Red Flags You Need to Know About
Here’s when to worry if something’s not coming out right.  Everyone hopes for predictable poops. But if you happen to find a surprise in the toilet, h...
How Can Turmeric Aid in Digestion and Benefit Gut Health?
How Do I Know If I Have a Digestive Enzyme Deficiency?
What Foods and Drinks Can Trigger Digestive Problems?