Will my insurance cover my liver transplant cost?

Your insurance plan may cover a liver transplant, but that may still leave you with big bills (co-pays, deductibles, lifetime or annual cap on costs, searches for bone marrow donors, etc.). Liver transplants are expensive, over $100,000, and sometimes twice that. (You could buy at least 25,000 gallons of skim milk with that amount of moolah!)

If you are a candidate for a liver transplant, the medical institution where the operation will be done will likely have a planner who can work with you and your insurance company to understand what is covered and what is not. Often, liver transplant donors do fundraising to raise money for extra costs for this life-saving operation.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Eat This Leafy Green for Your Colon
Eat This Leafy Green for Your Colon
Keep your colon polyp-free by using this leafy green in your fresh summer salads: spinach. This dark leafy green is loaded with magnesium—and a Japan...
What is colectomy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Colectomy is an operation to remove all or part of the colon. When only part of the colon is removed...
When Bloating May Be Something Serious
When Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something Serious
Seven serious conditions that cause bloating.
Which Gut Type Are You?
Which Gut Type Are You?