How much anti-rejection medication do I need after a liver transplant?

After liver transplant you will take immunosuppressant medication to prevent rejection. You will always (lifelong) need a certain blood level to keep your white blood cells less reactive, hence, decrease the risk of rejection. We measure the level of your medication at the lowest point, 12 hours after you have taken a pill. (Don't take your immunosuppressant medication in the morning before having your blood work. Bring the pills with you to take after!) The levels of your medication are usually higher in the first few months after a transplant but then come down.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Remember This Date for Better Colon Health
Want to have a fit and healthy colon for years to come? Then make a daily date with this food: dates. Dates have been enjoyed in the Middle East for ...
How often should I have a bowel movement?
Dr. Lawrence S. Friedman, MDDr. Lawrence S. Friedman, MD
It's not a medical concept, but a myth that you've got to move your bowels each day to be healthy. I...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
How Can a Gluten-Free Diet Affect Weight?