What is a regular diet?

Heather R. Mangieri
A regular diet is one that does not include any dietary restrictions. It should include all of the characteristics of a healthy diet, which means it should be balanced, adequate in nutrients, moderate in all foods, include a variety of foods and be calorie controlled.

The diet should include a healthy foundation of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, lean proteins (including beans and legumes), low-fat daily and sources of healthy fats, but it still allows for the occasional favorite treat.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

is there a specialist that can help me with my diet ?
Bethany ThayerBethany Thayer
Absolutely! A registered dietitian (look for the "RD" credentials) should be a part of your healthca...
what can i do to improve my family diet ?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
With today's busy lifestyles, families don't always eat as healthfully as we would like. By practici...
5 ways to enjoy a cheat meal without feeling guilty
5 ways to enjoy a cheat meal without feeling guilty5 ways to enjoy a cheat meal without feeling guilty5 ways to enjoy a cheat meal without feeling guilty5 ways to enjoy a cheat meal without feeling guilty
your diet does n’t have to be perfect—the occasional splurge may even boost weight loss . we’ve always been told cheating—on tests , relationships and...
what should i know about odd omega fatty acids 3 , 5 , 7 and 9 ?