What is latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA)?

Discovered relatively recently, latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) -- sometimes called type 1.5 -- accounts for an estimated 10% of people with diabetes. LADA has been characterized as a slowly progressing version of type 1, with insulin dependence usually developing over a period of about six years (rather than the immediate dependence at the time of diagnosis seen in people with type 1). Research into the definition and development of LADA is ongoing.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

The Pancreas and Diabetes
The Pancreas and Diabetes
Take a trip inside the body with this video from Virtual Health Solutions. Get an up-close look at the pancreas, the gland that produces the hormone i...
What should I know before I take a glitazone?
Your doctor will need to test your liver and kidney function before starting treatment. If you have ...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Reduce Stress Now to Prevent Diabetes Later