How long does a filler injection procedure take?

Patricia Farris, MD
Dermatology

While botox can be injected in a few minutes, facial fillers take longer.  I tell patients I am sculpting their face with filler. This is an art and you need to inject a little and then look at the face and inject a little more. It is a slow process but if it is done carefully in the end it will be a masterpiece.   

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

Depending on where an injection is placed, the patient usually has a topical numbing cream applied first and sometimes a lidocaine injection administered (especially for fillers in the nasolabial folds). The filler injections themselves usually take five to thirty minutes per area.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Dermal Fillers

What sort of side effects can I expect after using a dermal filler?
Dermal fillers carry some risk of side effects, including bruising, swelling, lumpiness, infection, ...
How does the quality of fillers differ for dermatologists and patients?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
The qualities of the ideal filler are different for doctors than they are for patients. From a docto...
What Are Facial Fillers?
What Are Facial Fillers?
What Are the Benefits of Using Wrinkle Fillers?