How long does a filler injection procedure take?

Patricia Farris, MD
Dermatology

While botox can be injected in a few minutes, facial fillers take longer.  I tell patients I am sculpting their face with filler. This is an art and you need to inject a little and then look at the face and inject a little more. It is a slow process but if it is done carefully in the end it will be a masterpiece.   

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

Depending on where an injection is placed, the patient usually has a topical numbing cream applied first and sometimes a lidocaine injection administered (especially for fillers in the nasolabial folds). The filler injections themselves usually take five to thirty minutes per area.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Dermal Fillers