question

Will having dental x-rays hurt?

American Dental Association
American Dental Association
answer
Dental x-rays serve as a valuable tool to your dentist when evaluating your oral health because many diseases in the mouth cannot be seen. Dental x-rays do not hurt and may help identify decay, bone damage or loss, and the position of unerupted teeth in children and adults. They can also help your dentist examine the effects of trauma on the teeth and identify some types of tumors.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

Keep Your Smile Bright, No Dentist Needed
Love coffee and tea? But afraid they may be trashing your teeth? No worries. Sure, they leave stains, but sports drinks and bubbly sodas actually wear...
How to Choose the Right Toothbrush
How to Choose the Right Toothbrush
With any important task, having the right tool can make all the difference. When it comes to toothbrushes, though, it can be hard to know which type i...
Why Is Morning Breath So Bad?
Why Is Morning Breath So Bad?
Why is morning breath so bad? What causes it? And why the morning? And how come nobody ever has “afternoon breath”? Let’s answer those questions here ...
What could be causing my lips and tongue to feel numb and tingle?
What could be causing my lips and tongue to feel numb and tingle? A numb feeling and tingling in the...