How long does a traditional dental bridge procedure take?

The procedure for getting a traditional dental bridge usually takes at least two visits to the dentist, each lasting about an hour to an hour and a half. During the first visit, your anchor teeth or implants are shaped to get them ready for the crowns that will hold the bridge in place. After the first visit, molds of your teeth are sent to a dental laboratory to make the bridge. This may take about a week or longer. Your second visit is to place and fit the bridge and cement it into place. If you need to have root canals on one or both of the anchor teeth, however, you will probably need one or more visits to the dentist before beginning the dental bridge process. You may also need one or more visits after the bridge is in place to make sure it fits comfortably.

Continue Learning about Dental Bridge

How should I care for my dental bridge?
Larry K. Litman, DDSLarry K. Litman, DDS
You should care for your bridge like you do any of your other teeth. Brush, Floss, etc. Yes, there a...
What are the benefits of dental bridges?
Dental bridges (also called partial dentures) have several benefits. A dental bridge may help yo...
What are the different types of fixed dental bridges?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
A fixed bridge (a restoration that replaces or spans the space where one or more teeth have been...
How long should I wear a removable dental bridge?
Your dentist can explain how long the removable bridge (a restoration that replaces or spans the...