Is the high-dose flu vaccine safe?

The safety profile of Fluzone High-Dose vaccine is similar to that of regular flu vaccines, although adverse events (which are also reported after regular flu vaccines) were reported more frequently after vaccination with Fluzone High-Dose.

The most common adverse events experienced during clinical studies were mild and temporary and included pain, redness and swelling at the injection site and headache, muscle aches, fever and malaise.

Most people had minimal or no adverse events after receiving the Fluzone High-Dose vaccine.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Debunking 4 Common Myths About the Flu
Debunking 4 Common Myths About the Flu
Flu myths are flying all over the place again, so we wanted to take a fresh look at the facts about the flu and the flu shot. That way you can sort re...
When should I see a doctor for a cold or flu if I'm pregnant?
Khushbu Patel, DOKhushbu Patel, DO
If you’re pregnant, see a doctor within 24 hours if you have: Been in contact with someone diagn...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
Can Gamers Solve Flu Epidemics?
Can Gamers Solve Flu Epidemics?