Can I still get a flu shot after flu season has begun?

What should you do if you forgot to get vaccinated and now here it is flu season? Get your flu vaccine. It only takes two weeks for the vaccine to rev up your immune system to better resist the virus.

You can still get a flu shot even if flu season has already begun. It is never too late to get a flu shot during flu season. The only time it may not be helpful is if you catch the flu after flu season has started but you haven't yet gotten the flu shot. The purpose of the flu shot is to help protect you from the flu.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Make Flu Shots Last Longer with This Trick
Some research suggests that the flu shot wears off more quickly in older people. But here's something you can do to counter that: Go for a walk. In a ...
Why is it important to protect my child from the flu?
Children are both highly likely to get the flu and the most likely to transmit it to others. In fact...
7 Cold and Flu Myths That Definitely Aren’t True
7 Cold and Flu Myths That Definitely Aren’t True7 Cold and Flu Myths That Definitely Aren’t True7 Cold and Flu Myths That Definitely Aren’t True7 Cold and Flu Myths That Definitely Aren’t True
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
How Can I Boost My Immune System During Cold and Flu Season?