Over the counter medication may be helpful to treat chronic fatigue syndrome, depending on the specific symptoms you experience. For instance, if you experience aching muscles or joints, pain relieving medication including acetaminophen and anti-inflammatory drugs can help ease pain or mild fever symptoms. If you experience cold- or allergy-like symptoms such as a runny nose or congestion, over the counter allergy medication may be helpful. For example, you can take antihistamines (Allegra or Zyrtec) to treat a runny nose and decongestants (Sudafed) to treat breathing trouble.
- Q How does cognitive behavioral therapy help chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Q How can improving mental health treat chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)?
- Q Does homeopathy help treat chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Q Is there a cure for chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Q How can I manage fatigue?
- Q How can medication treat chronic fatigue syndrome?