Question

Cataracts

How soon after cataract surgery can a man have sex?

• A Dr. Wayne Bizer, Ophthalmology, answered on behalf of American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
    The timing of the resumption of marital relations following cataract surgery can differ greatly depending on the nature of the cataract surgery and the partners involved. Typically, modern cataract surgery allows gentle marital relations to begin within a week, so long as strenuous behavior is avoided. The operated eye needs time to heal, and strenuous activity must be avoided during the first week. Be certain to ask your ophthalmologist (eye doctor) this question prior to your cataract surgery.
How will my doctor decide if I'm ready for cataract surgery?