How can I protect senior loved ones from telephone scams?

Concerns about senior loved ones falling victim to telephone scams are legitimate. Telephone scammers steal billions each year, mostly from people age 50 and over. To help prevent this, your best bet is to register your loved one’s phone with the Do Not Call Registry website. This should greatly limit the number of calls he or she receives, and make it easier to follow your directive to not buy anything over the phone without consulting you first, no matter how attractive or seemingly legitimate the offer.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

When Someone You Love Is Diagnosed With Multiple Myeloma
When your loved one is diagnosed with multiple myeloma, the focus of everyone—family, friends, doctors—is squarely on that new patient, just as it sho...
What is caregiver syndrome?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Many over-exhausted - and perhaps even physically ill - caregivers do not seek help because they...
How do I find a home healthcare worker for my mother after hip surgery?
The usual hospital stay for a hip replacement is three days, and then it's off to home or rehab....
What's the Best Thing I Can Do for a Loved One Who Has Multiple Sclerosis?