<p>Caregivers are family or friends of people who provide personal care and/or financial assistance to a parent, an elderly or disabled family member or a friend. While it's natural to want to help care for a loved one, it's important to understand the responsibilities of caregiving before you take on the job. </p>Read more
Caregiver's RightsLearn More
What's your RealAge?Take the RealAge Test to find out your body's true age.
What do Americans think about nursing homes?
<html xmlns=""><p>Based on my interactions as a caregiver I find that many Americans view nursing homes the same way they think about nuclear power plants: some are not fun to look at but they're glad to have them. Like any healthcare facility available there are a lot of amazing ones and some not so impressive ones. Many nursing homes are full of delightful residents and caregivers -- they are a necessary medical environment and will continue to be needed as the majority of our population age and live longer lifespans.</p>
- QWhat can a caregiver do to make an extremely ill person comfortable?
- QAs a caregiver, what information should I bring to doctors' appointments?
- QHow do I turn a person from his side to his back in bed?
- QWhat should I know about caring for someone with an amputation?
- QWhat do I need to know about caring for someone with joint problems?
- QWhat's a caregiver?
- QWhat's a caregiver?
- QAs a caregiver, how can I reduce stress?
- QAs a caregiver, how might I become socially isolated?
- QHow can I find caregiver support programs?
- QWhat are the signs of caregiver burnout?
- QWhat is a professional healthcare chaplain?
- QWhat are some coping strategies for caregivers?
- QMy spouse is ill, but we need to talk about medical bills, what can I do?
- QWhat are some of the challenges facing people who care for aging relatives?
- QHow can I support someone who has a chronic disease?
- QHow can I help make sure my aging parents don't become victims of a scam?
- QHow can my family prepare for celebrations if a loved one has dementia?
- QHow should I decorate for parties or holidays if a loved one has dementia?
- QIf a loved one has dementia, how can I help with gift giving?
- QAs a caregiver for someone with dementia, what should I do if I have flu?
- QHow do I select appropriate party activities for someone with dementia?
- QHow can I adapt family celebrations for a loved one with dementia?
- QWhat should I do if a loved one with dementia wants to go to church?