How many calories can I burn laughing?

A research published in the International Journal of Obesity found just 15 minutes of laughter a day will burn 10-40 calories, depending on a person’s weight and the intensity of the laughter. That is enough to lose between 1–4lbs a year.
Dr. Mike Clark, DPT
Fitness
Researchers have determined that just 15 minutes of laughter a day can help you burn between 10 and 40 calories, depending on your weight and how intense the laughter. While it doesn’t seem like much because you don’t burn loads of extra calories, remember it’s little changes to your daily routine that will make big differences, that extra 10-40 calories a day from laughing is enough to lose up to 4lbs in one year! Also, having a good laugh usually makes most of us have a more positive attitude, ultimately helping us feel better about ourselves, which can keep us motivated and on track to lose those extra pounds.
Happy Laughing Senior Couple

Laughing for a cumulative 15 minutes a day burns from 10 to 40 calories, enough to burn off three or four unsalted crackers. Added up over a year, that's about 4 pounds, or 1.8 kilograms.

According to research conducted by Vanderbilt University Medical Center, laughing for 10 to 15 minutes burns between 10 and 40 calories a day.

Research has shown that laughing burns roughly 10-40 calories per day. This is not much, but every calorie counts. Further, laughing has also been shown to have positive influence on the immune system. So, laugh often; It’s good for you!

Continue Learning about Calories

When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
Americans have a love-hate affair with calories. At any given moment, more than 4 out of 10 of us say we're on a diet, yet we are gobbling 300 calorie...
How many calories are in dairy products?
Ozgen DoganOzgen Dogan
Here are some examples of calories in dairy products: 1 glass whole milk, 167 calories; 1 glass ...
Is it true that some foods cost more calories to digest than they provide?
There are fad diets, often called “negative Calorie diets” that claim the digestion and metaboli...
How Can I Keep Calories Form Cereal Under Control?