What are the treatment options for an oblique fracture?

The treatment options for an oblique fracture depend on the severity of the crack or break. You may need to take anti-inflammatory medications and pain relievers to handle pain. In some instances, the doctor may need to perform a reduction, which is the process of resetting the bone. In other cases, the doctor may restrict mobility by placing the broken bone in a brace, sling, or cast for several weeks. Sometimes surgery is required to insert nails, screws, wires or other devices to help the bones to heal.

Continue Learning about Broken Bones

What is the difference between a stress fracture and a fracture?
Anjan R. Shah, MDAnjan R. Shah, MD
Stress fractures and true fractures can occur in many ways. Watch as orthopedic surgeon Anjan Shah, ...
How do I know if my tailbone is broken?
Tailbone pain does not always mean it is broken. In this video, Dr. Oz answers an audience membe...
What is a fragility fracture?
Fragility fractures are low-impact bone fractures caused by low bone mineral density known as osteop...
Can Elderly Women Decrease Their Risk for Falls and Fractures Even If They Start Exercising in Their 70's?