What are the treatment options for an oblique fracture?

The treatment options for an oblique fracture depend on the severity of the crack or break. You may need to take anti-inflammatory medications and pain relievers to handle pain. In some instances, the doctor may need to perform a reduction, which is the process of resetting the bone. In other cases, the doctor may restrict mobility by placing the broken bone in a brace, sling, or cast for several weeks. Sometimes surgery is required to insert nails, screws, wires or other devices to help the bones to heal.

Continue Learning about Broken Bones

What is a fracture to the neck of the femur?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The neck of the femur is the area between the head (the ball) and the shaft of the femur. Fractu...
Is there anything I can do to help a bone heal faster?
There have been many claims that electrical stimulation, ultrasound treatment, and even magnets can ...
Can I run if I have broken arm?
You shouldn't run when you have a broken arm because it's important to keep the elbow immobilize...
Can Elderly Women Decrease Their Risk for Falls and Fractures Even If They Start Exercising in Their 70's?