question

Do I have to wait to give blood after having ear or body piercings?

American Red Cross
American Red Cross
answer
You may donate blood as long as the instruments used were sterile or single-use equipment. You must wait 12 months if there is any question whether or not the instruments used were sterile and free of blood contamination. This requirement is related to concerns about hepatitis.
 Guidelines on eligibility to give blood change from time to time. The most up-to-date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the American Red Cross blood center nearest you.

Continue Learning about Blood Basics

How long do I wait to donate blood after organ or tissue transplant?
How long do I wait to donate blood after organ or tissue transplant? You must wait for 12 months aft...
What happens if a patient receives the wrong blood type?
If a patient receives a blood type that is incompatible, antibodies that the patient already has in ...
What is the nucleic acid test (NAT)?
What is the nucleic acid test (NAT)? The nucleic acid test (NAT) system can detect the presence of b...
Can I donate blood if I have hepatitis?
Can I donate blood if I have hepatitis? If you have had hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) caused...