Guidelines on eligibility to give blood change from time to time. The most up-to-date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the American Red Cross blood center nearest you.
- Q Can I donate blood if I have asthma?
- Q Can I donate blood if I have had a blood transfusion?
- Q How does blood travel throughout the human body?
- Q When blood is donated, is it tested for AIDS and hepatitis?
- Q Does donating blood hurt?
- Q Why is there a charge when I receive blood if blood is donated?