Guidelines on eligibility to give blood change from time to time. The most up-to-date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the American Red Cross blood center nearest you.
- Q Can I donate blood if I am taking birth control?
- Q Why is there a charge when I receive blood if blood is donated?
- Q What causes low blood oxygen levels?
- Q What can I do to increase hemoglobin/hematocrit levels before donation?
- Q Are transfer factor supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q Where can I donate blood?