Should all basketball player positions do the same strength program?

The demands of basketball are similar at every position. They all require explosive strength, stamina, and neuromuscular coordination or (technical ability) and reaction speed. While the positions have differences from an overall program standpoint they are very similar. To answer your question a strength training program that is good for a point guard would also be good for a post player or center.

Casey Smith
Sports Medicine
The strength training program should not be based on position, it should be based on the needs of the individual athlete.  The athlete's level of fitness, injury history, weight management, and minutes played in games are all factors that should all be taken under consideration when formulating a comprehensive program. 
The type of strength needed to play basketball is not specifically dependent on position.  Just as a big men, forwards and centers, can benefit from squats and box jumps, so can a guard.  The difference between positions is more a function of skill sets, not the attributes gained in the weight room.

Continue Learning about Basketball

What type of training will improve my basketball shooting ability?
Mike Elliott Mike Elliott
In addition to the answer provided by NASM, I would focus on core training and proper posture during...
What are the best whole body endurance exercises for a basketball player?
To build muscular endurance requires the muscles to work for an extended period of time. Improve...
What should I do in-season to maintain the gains I made in the off-season?
Mike Elliott Mike Elliott
In-season training is important and often times difficult to map out.  It must be tailored to your i...
Is a basketball center's conditioning program different than a guard's?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Because basketball demands are very similar from player to player the programs would be very similar...