How do metal cleats differ from rubber cleats for baseball players?

Metal cleats do provide slightly better traction on dirt and grass compared to rubber cleats. Some baseball leagues do not allow metal cleats, however, for safety reasons. Check to see if your league allows metal cleats before purchasing them. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Baseball

Does the elliptical machine or swimming help with baseball performance?
Mark Dickey , NASM Elite TrainerMark Dickey , NASM Elite Trainer
To improve your endurance, the elliptical machine workouts, as with most motion cardio equipments, f...
What are some tests to measure agility in baseball and softball players?
Some common tests of agility include the T-drill for time, the 5-10-5 test (also known as pro-ag...
How do I choose the right size baseball or softball glove?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The size of glove depends upon the position you play. If you are a first baseman or a catcher, you s...
Will running stairs help my baseball performance?
Stair running has benefits for the aerobic energy system as well as the strength and power of th...