What is a good workout for my back?

Many people hold stress in their lower backs. In this video, personal fitness trainer Joel Harper demonstrates some stretches and exercises that will help release that pent-up lower-back tension.

A good back workout program will include exercises that target your entire back musculature to improve strength, tone and reduce the risk of low-back pain. Try these exercises for your next routine:

• Floor Cobra
  • Bird Dog
  • Standing Cable Rows
  • Pull-ups (assisted if necessary)

Continue Learning about Back Exercises

Exercises to Build a Better Back
Exercises to Build a Better Back
Feel an unwelcome twinge in your low back every now and again? You're not alone. Researchers estimate that 8 out of 10 of us will grapple with low bac...
What are some stretching exercises for spine flexion problems?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
A flexion problem occurs when the spine bends forward too easily or bends excessively at one or ...
What exercises can I do to keep me from slouching?
Sitting and sleeping are times when people tend to slouch and that's bad for your health! In this vi...
What Is a Good Seated Stretch for My Back?