What should I do if I think my child has autism spectrum disorder (ASD)?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you suspect that your child may have one of the autism spectrum disorders, you should talk to your doctor. Early diagnosis can lead to more successful treatment. Signs of autism spectrum disorders may include failing to make babbling noises or hand gestures by one year, failing to use words at appropriate ages, and suddenly losing language or social skills.

Continue Learning about Autism

News: Autism Affects 1 in 59 Children, CDC Says
A new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has found that the United States rate of autism diagnoses continues to climb. I...
How do medications help to treat Asperger's syndrome?
Medication can help to reduce the symptoms like anxiety in a child with Asperger's syndrome. Selecti...
Is SNAP an Anti-Bullying Campaign at Heart?
How Long Does the SNAP Program Last?
How Long Does the SNAP Program Last?