Autism: What You Need to Know
First, what autism isn’t: It’s not necessarily an intelligence problem. Some children with autism or an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have intellectual disabilities, but others have normal or above-average intelligence. What children with autism or ASD share is trouble with social interaction and communication. Symptoms of autism usually become evident during toddlerhood.More on autism
How Much Do You Know
Autism NewsAutism may begin during the second trimester of pregnancy
1 in 42
The odds a boy in the US has an
autism spectrum disorder
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Mental Retardation & Developmental Disabilities
Is autism easy to diagnose?
Autism is not easy to diagnose. Autism is diagnosed based on observable symptoms, and not all pediatricians are familiar with the . . .
- Q What are the characteristics of PDD-NOS?
- Q What is PDD-NOS?
- Q How common are genius-like abilities in people with autism?
- Q How common is autism spectrum disorder (ASD)?
- Q Do the symptoms of autism change over time?
- Q Is autism the same as autism spectrum disorder (ASD)?
- Q What should I expect when I see a doctor about autism spectrum disorders?
- Q How common is autism?
- Q What are low activity brain patterns in children with ASD?
- Q What is the difference between autism and Asperger's syndrome?