Autism: What You Need to Know
First, what autism isn’t: It’s not necessarily an intelligence problem. Some children with autism or an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have intellectual disabilities, but others have normal or above-average intelligence. What children with autism or ASD share is trouble with social interaction and communication. Symptoms of autism usually become evident during toddlerhood.More on autism
How Much Do You Know
Autism NewsAutism may begin during the second trimester of pregnancy
1 in 42
The odds a boy in the US has an
autism spectrum disorder
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Mental Retardation & Developmental Disabilities
Is autism easy to diagnose?
Autism is not easy to diagnose. Autism is diagnosed based on observable symptoms, and not all pediatricians are familiar with the . . .
- Q What is PDD-NOS?
- Q What are the characteristics of PDD-NOS?
- Q How can an IEP help a child with an autism spectrum disorder?
- Q What are autism spectrum disorders?
- Q What should I expect when I see a doctor about autism spectrum disorders?
- Q Does autism begin in the gut?
- Q Why are autism diagnoses on the rise?
- Q Can autistic children make eye contact and show affection?
- Q Is autism a degenerative developmental disability?
- Q How common is PDD-NOS?