Autism: What You Need to Know
First, what autism isn’t: It’s not necessarily an intelligence problem. Some children with autism or an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have intellectual disabilities, but others have normal or above-average intelligence. What children with autism or ASD share is trouble with social interaction and communication. Symptoms of autism usually become evident during toddlerhood.More on autism
How Much Do You Know
Autism NewsAutism may begin during the second trimester of pregnancy
1 in 42
The odds a boy in the US has an
autism spectrum disorder
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Mental Retardation & Developmental Disabilities
Is autism easy to diagnose?
Autism is not easy to diagnose. Autism is diagnosed based on observable symptoms, and not all pediatricians are familiar with the . . .
- Q What are the characteristics of PDD-NOS?
- Q What is PDD-NOS?
- Q Is there research showing people with autism can improve social skills?
- Q Are autism spectrum disorders serious?
- Q What is the latest research being done on autism?
- Q What are pervasive developmental disorders (PDDs)?
- Q How can I talk to my daughter about autism signs I see in my grandson?
- Q Can my pediatrician diagnose autism spectrum disorders?
- Q What is the prognosis for pervasive developmental disorders?
- Q What is echolalia?
Recent Autism Articles
Brain Chemical May Be Linked to Autism 6 Autism Myths Busted In the News: Can Autism Be Prevented? Autism: Reasons for Concern, Hope See All Articles