What is the difference between aspirin low-dose and regular aspirin?

Aspirin low-dose is a reduced dosage version of regular strength aspirin. Regular strength aspirin is 325 mg. Aspirin low-dose is below 100 mg., typically 81 mg. If you need aspirin for pain relief or treating a fever, you should take the regular strength, unless recommended otherwise by your doctor. Aspirin low-dose is taken on a daily basis to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. You should not take regular dose aspirin on a long-term, regular basis because of the risk of serious side effects from chronic use.

Continue Learning about Aspirin

Why Staying on Daily Low Dose Aspirin Is Important
In one episode of Rugrats, Angelica tries to kick her cookie addiction. But when she finds a stash of them, the gang chases her (and the cookie jar) i...
Does taking aspirin regularly make me more likely to bruise?
Aspirin is one of a number of medications that can increase the likelihood of bruising. Watch as Dr....
What drug interactions should I be aware of when taking aspirin?
You are wise to ask about interactions with other drugs. Baby aspirin does in fact interact with ant...
Are You Allergic to Aspirin?
Are You Allergic to Aspirin?