Why is exercise important for people who have axial spondyloarthritis?

Exercise is a very important part of treatment for axial spondyloarthritis, or axial spa for short, because it keeps joints moving and less stiff. Specialists like physiotherapists teach people exercises and stretches that can be done every morning. Being fit and active also helps muscles work better.

Continue Learning about Arthritis

Can Meditation Help with Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Meditation is perhaps best defined by what the practice aims to achieve—a deeper connection and understanding of the mind and body. There are many dif...
How can I prepare for a doctor's appointment for arthritis in my knee?
Answer these questions and then take them with you to your next appointment for your knee osteoa...
How can I slow the progression of arthritis?
 Wade Kenney Wade Kenney
An average of 20% of adults have arthritis. In this video, Wade Kenney, MD, explains methods to prev...
How common is arthritis among Americans?
Dr. Kelly TraverDr. Kelly Traver
In the United States, arthritis is the most common form of disability. There are several different k...