<p>Arthritis is a condition marked by joint inflammation. It typically causes pain, stiffness, fatigue and swelling, and it can affect any joint in the body. There are more than 100 types of arthritis, but the most common are <a href="https://www.sharecare.com/health/osteoarthritis">osteoarthritis (OA),</a> <a href="https://www.sharecare.com/health/rheumatoid-arthritis">rheumatoid arthritis (RA)</a> and <a href="https://www.sharecare.com/health/gout">gout.</a> The more you understand about <a href="/health/arthritis/what-is-arthritis">arthritis,</a> the better you can work with your doctor to be treated effectively.</p>
Best sleep positions for RAFind Out
What's your RealAge?Take the RealAge Test to find out your body's true age.
Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
What is the difference between arthralgia and arthritis?
<p>Arthralgia refers to joint pain, whereas arthritis refers to inflammation of the joints. Swollen joints can be painful, stiff, and difficult to move. Arthralgia can be a symptom of arthritis or can be the result of an injury, disease, or infection. Children can also experience arthralgia as they grow.</p>
- QHow similar are arthritis and osteoarthritis?
- QWhat are the symptoms of axial spondyloarthritis?
- QWhat parts of the body are targeted by axial spondyloarthritis?
- QWhat should I do if I think I have arthritis?
- QWhat health problems can arise because of juvenile idiopathic arthritis?
- QHow common is arthritis among Americans?
- QHow can I prepare for a doctor's appointment for arthritis in my knee?
- QWhat mistakes should I avoid when discussing knee arthritis with my doctor?
- QWhat is axial spondyloarthritis?
- QWhy is exercise important for people who have axial spondyloarthritis?
- QHow do steroid injections work to treat axial spondyloarthritis?
- QWhy can living with axial spondyolarthritis be so difficult?
- QWhat causes axial spondyloarthritis?
- QWhen should I see a doctor for arthritis pain?
- QWhat is synovitis?
- QHow do biologics work to treat axial spondyloarthritis?
- QHow is axial spondyloarthritis diagnosed?
- QWhat is the most common form of arthritis?
- QAre there different types of arthritis of the hip?
- QWhat are side effects of medications that treat axial spondyloarthritis?
- QHow do NSAIDs work to treat axial spondyloarthritis?
- QHow does an arthritic joint differ from a healthy joint?
- QIs there more than one kind of arthritis of the knee?
- QCan axial spondyloarthritis be cured?